Sleeping on a mattress that is not right for you can lead to or worsen an already existing back pain. An ergonomic mattress is a mattress that relaxes your muscles, encourages a good posture and provides healthy and a quality sleep. There is no perfect mattress for everyone, but it is important to choose a mattress that fits your weigh, sleeping posture and help relieve conditions such as back pain
Best Mattress Type for Back Pain
Good quality Memory foam has been rated by experts as an ideal mattress for people with back pain. Memory foam mattresses come in a range of density helping give you anything from soft, medium firm and firm mattress based on your needs. This type of mattress cradles your body curves and its firm enough to support the bony and muscular structures on your back. Your spinal cord contains 3 gentle curves namely:
- Cervical spine- Supports the head.
- Thoracic spine- Supports the upper body.
- Lumbar spine- Supports the lower back.
It is very important to align the three curves of your spinal cord well if you need to get rid of back pain.
Memory foam is considered the Best Mattress type that helps maintain the alignment of your spine preventing discomfort and back pain. This mattress is soft enough and still firm to help prevent sagging. It is the best type of mattress for back pain as it is not too soft or too hard therefore helping minimize stress on your thoracic, lumbar and cervical spine. By the way, make sure that your mattress topper also fits your needs for a proper mattress that would ease your bavk pain. The best memory foam mattress topper will make your life so much easier.
When it comes to getting the Best Mattress for back pain, the mattresses below are the best option.
Comparison of Best Mattresses for Back Pain
Below is a list of new generation high quality mattresses that are designed to help relieve back pain:
- The Saatva Mattress- It is designed to be luxury coil mattress that comes at affordable prices. They are made of memory foam and innerspring.
- The American AS2- It is made up of plant-based foams and celliant fabric.
- The Helix Mattress– It is a mattress made up of microcoils, natural latex and memory foam.
- The Bear mattress- It is made of gel-infused memory foam and proprietary technology.
These are type of mattresses that comes at a higher price compared to coil or foam mattresses but they are of higher quality, durability and comes with a money back warranty making them of great value in the long run.
Features of a good Mattress for Back Pain
Below are some things you should keep in mind when choosing an ideal mattress for back pain:
- Side sleepers- People who like lying on their sides while asleep, a slightly soft mattress is good for them. Slightly soft mattresses help cushion shoulders and hips.
- Stomach sleepers- For those who like sleeping on their stomachs maybe due to lower back pain, firm mattresses are best for them since they help keep them afloat.
- Back sleepers– Your mattress should be firm enough to help support your lower back in case you are a back sleeper. The mattress should as well be soft enough to contour the body. Too firm or stiff mattresses push against your spine while very soft mattress will not give you enough support you may need to get comfortable. A medium firm mattress is considered the best for side sleepers with back pain.
Most people tend to sleep in all of these styles, leading to a lot of bed movements. Best quality memory foam mattresses are considered ideal for all sleepers since they have high motion isolation while they are still variously soft and firm.